From time to time we are looking for experienced professionals in the fields listed above. We do not hire online evangelists but we do offer training in this area of ministry.
Full-time and part-time content marketing/writing positions at COE. Researches and writes content for websites and other channels promoting Seventh-day Adventists in a positive manner. Other writing projects as assigned. Also may require occasional non-writing tasks.
Skills & Qualifications
- Must be teachable and able to adapt writing style to content marketing best practices as applied by COE
- Must be willing to be coached –regardless of your experience
- Meets deadlines
- Able to work with minimal supervision in a virtual work environment
- Able to deal positively with criticism, revisions, etc.
- Must be creative, able to develop big ideas and create content that delivers value to readers
- Demonstrated ability to write to a mass market on spiritual topics (4th – 8th grade level on Flesch-Kincaid)
- Able to write about the doctrines of the Seventh-day Adventist church, and the writings of Ellen G. White, in an authentic, sincere manner.
Preference Given To:
- Experienced/trained content marketers
- Published writers
- Virtual organization. Work from your location
- Reports to Content Team Manager, Deputy Director
- Employee and freelancer/contract positions available.
- Wage depends on experience and other factors.
Full Time Job Opening
Skill Level: Intermediate/Advanced
Reports to: SEO Manager
Start Date: Flexible
Six is not enough to get the work done—we are looking for a seventh mission-minded SEO specialist to join our team!
Are you a growth hacker who is passionate about using your SEO skills to reach the millions of seekers who are using search engines to ask spiritual questions?
If so, you may be the one we’re looking for!
This critical role requires someone obsessed with SEO who has deep technical knowledge of industry best practices and is able to make high-impact, data-driven decisions.
It also requires someone who understands the concept of the internet as a mission field, and who wants to leverage their SEO knowledge to reach thousands—even millions—for Christ.
This is not an entry-level position. The ideal candidate will have a track record of SEO success across in-house or agency roles working on sites with 500k+ monthly visits from organic search traffic.
Primary projects include two enterprise-level ministry websites, with occasional work on smaller ministry or commercial websites.
- Develop and own KPIs for SEO effectiveness, including success metrics, processes for measurement, competitive audits, and opportunity analysis
- Translate trends, analytics, and organizational needs into detailed keyword/topic-themed strategies
- Collaborate with the content team using keyword research and analysis to execute on a data-driven content strategy for improved search rank and click-through for Bible-based, Christ-centered content, and conversion of site visitors into Bible studies that lead to baptism
- Participate in link-building activities using current industry best practices
- Stay up to date on the latest developments in SEO and search engine trends to ensure SEO strategy and site architecture keep pace with evolving organic search practices, including mobile web and voice search optimizations
- Build integrated relationships with the various teams and partners involved in this project
- Develop data-rich reports for use in strategy sessions and donor/stakeholder communications
Skills and Qualifications
- A heart for ministry and a desire to reach an underserved mission field
- Minimum one year full-time SEO experience
- Demonstrable familiarity and experience with relevant tools
- (e.g. Conductor, Screaming Frog, MOZ, SEMrush, Ahrefs) and web analytics tools (e.g. Google Search Console, Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics)
- Required: Google-certified for Google Analytics
- General math and spreadsheet capabilities
- Experience with SEO reporting
- Knowledge of web languages such as HTML or PHP
- Skill/experience with Google Data Studio
- Proficiency with Conductor
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Motivated self-starter who sets goals, achieves them, and reports on progress without constant supervision
- Able to manage time and hit demanding deadlines
In addition, the successful candidate will:
- Enjoy research
- Have a desire to learn
- Not be threatened by the idea that they won’t always have the answer and won’t always know everything
- Be a team player
- Look for the next thing to do
- Be data-driven
- Have an ability to see how the small affects the whole
- Be a critical thinker
- Remote—Work from your location
- Depends on experience
- Medical insurance
- Accrued PTO
- 401k with employer contributions