The title of this page says “Job Opportunities,” but these are not just “jobs,” they’re an opportunity to work as digital missionaries, digital evangelists, and pioneers in God’s work.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to work with God….if you’re looking for a truly unique project sharing the Gospel with the world (233 countries so far)….if you’re looking for a way to use your passion for digital marketing to make a real difference in people’s lives….
This may be the position you’re looking for!
Who Is COE?
If you want the full story, read about us here.
COE mission is to share the Gospel with a massive, untapped mission field–people who use search engines to ask spiritual questions.
We create high-performance content designed to rank for specific spiritual-topic keywords in search engines.
This is not “interruption marketing”–we’re answering the questions people are asking, at the point when they most want the answers.
Our projects have reached a combined 233 countries, but we still have a lot of opportunity for growth ahead of us.
Our team is like a family, even though we’re scattered around the globe. We work remotely, but are bound together by our passion for digital ministry.
Our culture is based on a safe, flexible, trusting work environment. We place a high value on respecting each individual, regardless of job title or length of service. We also do our best to meet the unique needs of our individual team members. In return, we want your best work.
What You Will Impact/Own
In this role, you’ll have a broad impact on several of our largest projects. Some of the items on this list will be responsibilities (and outcomes) you will own. Others are items you will have significant input and impact on the development, execution, and outcomes:
- Building and supporting a community of brand ambassadors for our primary project: AskAnAdventistFriend.com
- Visual brand designs* for the COE group of projects
- Social media accounts for COE, AskAnAdventistFriend.com, and other COE projects
Digital and traditional marketing strategies for COE, AskAnAdventistFriend.com’s Brand Ambassador program, and other COE projects
- Thought leadership to influence the Seventh-day Adventist denomination’s perspective and strategies regarding digital evangelism.
- Activities that will empower and enable the digital efforts of Seventh-day Adventist ministries, evangelists, and missionaries.
A Timeline of the Next 12 months, and the Role You Could Play, if Hired
In digital marketing–especially in search engine marketing, it’s important to stay flexible. However, the following timeline should give you a sense of what we have planned for this role in the next 4 quarters.
- Q1 – Develop/support an online community of brand ambassadors. Assist with developing an online platform for ordering supplies, merch, etc for these brand ambassadors. Manage and expand social media accounts. Assist with creating advertising campaigns and creatives for the campaigns, identifying KPIs, etc.
- Q2 – Execute ad campaigns and draft reports of KPIs. Public relations efforts with other organizations to expand our reach. Assist with preparation for ASI International Conference. Manage and grow social media accounts. Expand the community of brand ambassadors.
- Q3 – Represent COE and AskAnAdventistFriend.com at ASI International Conference. Prepare for GYC Conference. Manage and expand social media accounts. Growing our online community. Giving reports.
- Q4 – Represent COE and AskAnAdventistFriend.com at GYC. Participate in planning future marketing strategies. Manage and expand social media accounts. Grow our online community of brand ambassadors. Prepare and present year-end reports.
What You Can Learn (or Master) in This Role
One of the most valuable assets you can bring to this role (besides a great attitude) is a growth mindset. Always be learning. We encourage our team members to learn new skills, and will pay for outside training if you can make a good case for ROI.
Here are some of the skills you’ll be able to learn or master in this role:
- How to build/support a community of brand ambassadors.
- Planning, organizing, and executing events.
- Public speaking for the company and our mission.
- Story-based marketing.
- Automating and organizing emails on Active Campaign.
- How to develop and execute marketing strategies involving multiple stakeholders.
- How to create and present marketing proposals based on measurable objectives, KPIs, etc.
- Ad campaign management on multiple channels.
Deliverables You Should Be Able To….well, Deliver (or learn to deliver)
- Social media content
- Graphic/visual content*
- Email campaigns
- Organized CRM
- Landing pages
- Online and offline ads (creative assets as well as campaigns)
- Virtual webinars and groups
- Marketing success reports
*Graphic design skills are optional for this role, but beneficial.
Other Useful Information
- This is a full-time, hourly remote position–work from your own location, with a reliable internet connection and videoconferencing capacity (Zoom).
- We will consider starting part-time, with a plan to move into full-time.
- This role will require active participation in multiple project and strategy meetings, so you will need to work within normal work hours of a North American Time Zone.
- This position reports to the Director of Marketing.
- Hourly rate depends on your qualifications and experience. Compensation (full-time only) includes accrued PTO, medical, and 401k with employer contribution.
Video editor job responsibilities:
- Receive footage and/or a shot list, script, or screenplay
- Assemble all raw footage, with camera shots either recorded or transferred onto video tape in
- preparation for inputting into the computer
- Input uncut sound and synchronize
- Storing them into files on the computer
- Color grading, correcting, footage
- Digitally cut the files to put together the sequence of the film and decide what is usable
- Create a ‘rough cut’ (or assembly edit) of the programme/film and determine the exact cutting for
the next and final stages
- Reorder and fine-tune the content to ensure the logical sequencing and smooth running of the
- Make recommendations regarding quality and progress of audio and video recording, as well as
editing that audio
- Experiment with styles and techniques including the design of graphic elements
- Suggest/select music, and incorporate that music into the video
Preferred abilities, but not required:
- 3D & 2D animation ability
- An eye for detail
- Creativity and a passionate interest in film and video editing
- Patience and concentration
- Ability to work well independently
- High level of self-motivation, commitment and dedication
- Organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Communication skills
- Editing, Color Grading, and Animation software that you are proficient in, and your self-assessed
level of ability with the software
- Samples of past video editing work